And I had to quit and come and do this thing called A Better Place.
我于是退出了SAP的CEO的競選,開始了這個名為“更美好的地方”的方案。
We then decided to scale it up. We went to other countries.
然后我們決定把這個方案擴大。我們去了別的國家。
As I said we went to Denmark. And Denmark set this beautiful policy; it's called the IQ test.
像我之前說的,我們去了丹麥。丹麥把這個方案設定成了一個叫IQ測試的政策。
It's inversely proportional to taxes. They put 180 percent tax on gasoline cars and zero tax on zero-emission cars.
這個方案被設置成跟稅收成反比。丹麥政府對所有汽油車征收百分之180的稅,不對零排放量的汽車征收任何稅收。
So if you want to buy a gasoline car in Denmark, it costs you about 60,000 Euros.
因此如果你在丹麥想購買一輛汽油汽車,價錢大概是6萬歐元左右。
If you buy our car it's about 20,000 Euros.
如果你買我們的車,價錢大概是2萬歐元左右。
If you fail the IQ test they ask you to leave the country.
如果你無法通過這個IQ測試,丹麥政府將命令你離開丹麥。
We then were sort of coined as the guys who run only in small islands.
我們于是被稱為只在小島國活動的一組。
I know most people don't think of Israel as a small island, but Israel is an island -- it's a transportation island.
我知道大部分人不認為以色列是一個小島國家。可是以色列是一個島國。以色列是一個交通島國。
If your car is driving outside Israel it's been stolen.
如果你的車在以色列以外行駛,那你的車必定是被盜竊了。
If you're thinking about it in terms of islands,
如果你把這些國家都看成是島嶼,
we decided to go to the biggest island that we could find, and that was Australia.
那么我們決定去我們可以找到的最大的島國。那便是澳大利亞。澳
The third country we announced was Australia.
大利亞是我們第三個公布的國家。
It's got three centers -- in Brisbane, in Melbourne, in Sydney -- and one freeway, one electric freeway that connects them.
澳大利亞有三個中心--布里斯班市,墨爾本和悉尼--再加一個高速,一個把這三個中心連起來的電子高速。
The next island was not too hard to find, and that was Hawaii.
下一個島嶼 并不難找,那便是夏威夷。
We decided to come into the U.S. and pick the two best places -- the one where you didn't need any range extension.
于是我們決定來到美國,并選擇了兩個最好的地方--兩個并不需要任何擴大范圍的地方。
Hawaii you can drive around the island on one battery.
在夏威夷,你可以依靠一個電池兜游整個島。
And if you really have a long day you can switch, and keep on driving around the island.
如果你真的計劃一個比較長的行程日,你可以替換,并且不斷的駕駛。