Now I've been sort of banging on about this for the last couple of months,
在過去的幾個月里,我反復在討論這個問題,
and people sometimes say to me, "Well Tim, it's kind of obvious. Obviously trial and error is very important.
有時有人跟我說:“提姆,這不是很顯然么,很顯然試驗和排除錯誤很重要,
Obviously experimentation is very important. Now why are you just wandering around saying this obvious thing?"
很顯然嘗試很重要。你為什么到處講這個顯而易見的事情呢?”
So I say, okay, fine. You think it's obvious?
所以我說,好啊,你認為這個很顯然是嗎?
I will admit it's obvious when schools start teaching children that there are some problems that don't have a correct answer.
當學校開始告訴孩子們,有時問題不總是有正確答案的時候,我會說這很顯然。
Stop giving them lists of questions every single one of which has an answer.
不再給他們一堆問題,而每個問題都對應一個答案,
And there's an authority figure in the corner behind the teacher's desk who knows all the answers.
老師的桌子背后的角落里總是站著一個知道所有答案的權威。
And if you can't find the answers, you must be lazy or stupid.
如果你找不到答案,你不是懶惰就是愚蠢。
When schools stop doing that all the time, I will admit that, yes, it's obvious that trial and error is a good thing.
當學習停止這么做時,我愿意承認,試驗和排除錯誤顯然是好事。
When a politician stands up campaigning for elected office and says, "I want to fix our health system.
當政客們站出來,競選公職時,他們說:“我想整頓我們的醫療體系。
I want to fix our education system. I have no idea how to do it.
我想整頓我們的教育體系。我還不知道怎么做。
I have half a dozen ideas. We're going to test them out.
但是我有很多想法,我們會測試這些想法。
They'll probably all fail. Then we'll test some other ideas out.
我們可能失敗。然后我們會再測試其他想法。
We'll find some that work. We'll build on those. We'll get rid of the ones that don't."
我們會發現有些有效的辦法,然后在那個基礎上繼續建設。我們會拋棄那些無效的做法。
-- when a politician campaigns on that platform, and more importantly,
當政治家在那樣的平臺上競選,更重要的是,
when voters like you and me are willing to vote for that kind of politician,
像你我這樣的選舉人,愿意投票給這樣的政治家,
then I will admit that it is obvious that trial and error works, and that -- thank you.
那我就承認,測試和排除錯誤顯然是有效的,而那時,我會對你們說:謝謝。