Again this is something I often fall into.
我也經常因此而困擾
And just recently I fell into this. And it happened...
我最近剛遇到這個情況
I know many of you saw the Jon Stewart show. So what happened in the Jon Stewart show... he was so fast, way too fast for me...
你們許多人看過Jon Stewart脫口秀,在Jon Stewart脫口秀中,他講得太快,對我而言超級快
I felt like I was 2 questions behind still contemplating and thinking and saying "well,
我感覺就像落后了兩拍,還在深思和考慮著兩個之前的問題
this could be interesting research." And Jon was...he was already 10 steps ahead.
“這會是個很有趣的研究”。而Jon已經領先了10步
So I fell behind and I felt slow.
我落后了,感覺很遲鈍
And I also said something that I later regretted.
我也說了些后來讓自己后悔的話
It was just one sentence. No big deal. But that is what I focus on.
只是一句話,沒什么大不了的,但我專注在這上面
You know I flew home after. I went back to Israel. The whole flight that what I was thinking of.
我后來飛回家,飛回以色列,在飛機上我一直在想這事
Ignoring the other things. You know the fact that 2 hours after the Jon Stewart show, the book became a best seller.
忽略了其他的事情。Jon Stewart脫口秀完了后二小時,這本書成了最暢銷書

Completely ignore that. Didn't exist as far as I was concerned.
我完全忽略了這個。我根本沒去考慮那
It was just that one sentence. How could I say it? Why didn't I prepare for it better?
我一直在想那句話,我怎么會說出來的?為什么沒有更好的準備
And so on. And then I suddenly said, " Hey, wait a minute!" Tunnel Vision.
等等。然后我突然說"等一下"!隧道視野
And I zoomed out. I looked at the bigger picture.
我把它縮小了,我把視野擴大
Then I said, "okay, so I said something that I regret. Big deal." You know. It's comedy. It's fun.
然后我說”我說了一句讓我后悔的話,超贊啊。”這是喜劇,很有趣
So many people, so many of your friends have watched and enjoyed it.
許多人在看,你的許多朋友都看過,都很喜歡
It was a great opportunity. I looked at the bigger picture.
這是個很好的機會,我看到了更大的方面
Gave myself the permission to be human.
允許自己做回一個人
To regret it. But then overall, I could see it in a much more rational light than before.
會感到后悔,但從總體上我能用比以前更理性的目光看待它
So again, as I said, I still apply... I still use these ideas. In the past, it would take me months to get over this one sentence.
像我說的,我仍然在用這些想法。過去,我可能要花幾個月才不會想這句話