The other side of it, which is actually other side of the same coin is minimizing.
它的另一面,同一個硬幣的另一面,是極小化
This is something I do very often. This is my trap
這是我經常做的,這是我仍要
that I still have to be aware of, I still think about today, even though I became aware of it years ago.
警惕的陷阱,我至今仍會考慮,雖然我幾年前就注意到它了
Only now I catch myself doing it much promptly.
直到現在我才能夠迅速醒覺自己在這么做
So the first idea of minimizing is what Karen Reivich calls tunnel vision.
極小化的第一個概念是Karen Reivich稱之為“隧道視野”
What is tunnel vision? For example, let's say I have 620 students in my class.
什么是“隧道視野”?比如,我的課堂里有620個學生
And out of these 620 students 618 are engaged in the material.
620個中618個在看教材

One is looking at the ceiling, at the lights.
一個在看天花板,在看燈
And another one, out of the 620 students, is asleep.
620個中的另外一個在睡覺
Tunnel Vision is when I focus on that one person who is asleep.
隧道視野指的是當我關注那個睡覺的人
And I say to myself, "Wow, I'm giving boring, sleep inducing lectures."
對自己說,“我的課肯定講得讓人無聊,犯困”
Or the other way around: I have 620 students, 618 are asleep.
或反過來620個學生中618個睡著
One is looking around. And one is going "wow! wow!" and I only focus on that person and I say I'm a great lecturer. I'm so inspiring.
一個在開小差,一個聽得十分入迷,我只關注那個人,我說我是個好講師,我非常受鼓舞
Again, it's unrealistic. One way or the other. And what cognitive therapy does is bring realism into the equation.
然而不管怎樣這都是不現實的,認知療法把現實主義引入這個等式