'You haven't been sacked, Hagrid!' gasped Hermione.
“沒有解雇你吧,海格!”赫敏喘著氣說。
'Not yet,' said Hagrid miserably, taking a huge gulp of whatever was in the tankard.
“還沒有呢,”海格悲哀地說道,從單柄大酒杯里又喝了一口不知是什么東西,
'But 's only a matter o' time, i'n't it, after Malfoy ...'
“不過這只是時間問題罷了,是不是,在馬爾福——”
'How is he?' said Ron, as they all sat down. 'It wasn't serious, was it?'
“他現在怎么樣?”羅恩說,這時他們都坐了下來,“傷得不嚴重吧?”
'Madam Pomfrey fixed him best she could,' said Hagrid dully, 'but he's sayin' it's still agony ... covered in bandages ... moanin' ...'
“龐弗雷夫人盡她所能給他治療,”海格遲鈍地說,“但他仍舊說很痛……用繃帶包扎起來了……還在呻吟……”
'He's faking it,' said Harry at once. 'Madam Pomfrey can mend anything.
“他在裝假,”哈利馬上說,“龐弗雷夫人什么都能治。
She regrew half my bones last year. Trust Malfoy to milk it for all it's worth.'
去年她讓我的一半骨頭重新生長起來了。馬爾福準會拼命利用這件事撈好處的。”
'School gov'nors have bin told, o' course,' said Hagrid miserably. 'They reckon I started too big.
“學校主管人員當然都知道了這件事,”海格悲哀地說,“他們認為我冒進了。

Shoulda left Hippogriffs fer later ... done Flobberworms or summat ... jus' thought it'd make a good firs' lesson ... 's all my fault ...'
應該過些時候再讓鷹頭馬身有翼獸上場……完成了弗洛伯毛蟲或者別的什么以后再……本來以為能把第一課弄好的……這都怪我……”
'It's all Malfoy's fault, Hagrid!' said Hermione earnestly.
“這都怪馬爾福,海格!”赫敏真誠地說。
'We're witnesses,' said Harry. 'You said Hippogriffs attack if you insult them.
“我們都是見證。”哈利說,“你說過,如果你侮辱怪獸,它就會攻擊。
It's Malfoy's problem he wasn't listening.
馬爾福沒聽,這要怪他自己。
We'll tell Dumbledore what really happened.'
我們會把事情真相告訴鄧布利多的。”
'Yeah, don't worry, Hagrid, we'll back you up,' said Ron.
“對,別擔心,海格。我們會支持你的。”羅恩說。
Tears leaked out of the crinkled corners of Hagrid's beetle-black eyes.
淚水從海格烏黑的眼睛褶皺里流了下來。
He grabbed both Harry and Ron and pulled them into a bone-breaking hug.
他抓住了哈利和羅恩,把他們拉過去,摟得他們幾乎骨頭都要斷了。