But, alas! I had now no heart, so that I lost all my love for the Munchkin girl,
但是,唉!我現在沒有心了,所以我失去了所有的對芒奇金女孩的愛情,
and did not care whether I married her or not.
不再在乎能否娶她為妻。
I suppose she is still living with the old woman, waiting for me to come after her.
我想她仍舊和老婦人住在一起,等著我去找她。
My body shone so brightly in the sun that I felt very proud of it
我的身體在太陽光中照耀得這般明亮,讓我很驕傲。
and it did not matter now if my axe slipped, for it could not cut me.
即使現在我滑脫了斧頭,都無關緊要了,因為斧頭再也不能夠砍掉我什么了。
There was only one danger--that my joints would rust;
現在只有一個危險——那就是我的關節會發銹;
but I kept an oil-can in my cottage and took care to oil myself whenever I needed it.
因而在我的茅舍里,藏著一個油罐,當我需要時,我會給自己加油。
However, there came a day when I forgot to do this, and, being caught in a rainstorm,
有一天,我被困在暴風雨中,忘記了加油,
before I thought of the danger my joints had rusted,
在意識到危險以前,我的關節已經銹了,
and I was left to stand in the woods until you came to help me.
只能留在這個樹林里,直到你們來救我。
It was a terrible thing to undergo,
那是一段非常難熬的日子,
but during the year I stood there I had time to think that the greatest loss I had known was the loss of my heart.
但這一年讓我有時間去思考,我意識到最大的損失是失去了我的心。
While I was in love I was the happiest man on earth;
當我在戀愛中,我是世界上最快樂的人;
but no one can love who has not a heart, and so I am resolved to ask Oz to give me one.
然而不會有人會愛一個沒有心的人,所以我決意去請求奧芝給我一顆心。
If he does, I will go back to the Munchkin maiden and marry her."
如果他答應了,我將去找那位芒奇金女子并且娶她做我的妻子。