Conversation A
對話A
Taylor: Guess what, Linda!
泰勒:琳達,你知道嗎?
Linda: What, Taylor?
琳達:泰勒,什么事?
Taylor: There's a street festival downtown today and tomorrow! Let's go together after work today.
泰勒:今天和明天在市區有一場街頭慶典。我們今天下班后一起去吧。
Linda: Sure! I love street festivals.
琳達:好啊!我很喜歡街頭慶典。
Taylor: Yeah. I love all the different food.
泰勒:是啊。我喜歡各種不同的食物。
Linda: I like all the live music.
琳達:我喜歡各種現場音樂。
Taylor: Did you drive to work today?
泰勒:你今天是開車去上班的嗎?
Linda: Yes.
琳達:是的。
Taylor: Great. We can drive to the festival.
泰勒:太好了。我們可以開車去街頭慶典。
Conversation B
對話B
Linda: Let's not drive to the festival.
琳達:我們不要開車去街頭慶典。
Taylor: Why not?
泰勒:為什么不開呢?
Linda: The streets are crowded. And the parking is expensive!
琳達:因為街道擁堵了。而且停車很貴的!
Taylor: You're right about that. What can we do?
泰勒:你說的很對。那我們怎么去呢?
Linda: Let's take a bus. The price is not expensive.
琳達:我們坐公交車去吧。價格也不貴。
Taylor: Right. Bus fare is cheap. Let's meet here in the Jungle Café at 5 o'clock.
泰勒:好的。公交車費很便宜。我們5點鐘的時候在叢林咖啡館見面吧。
Linda: OK. See you then!
琳達:好的。到時候見!
Conversation C
對話C
Susie: Do you have the number for Shaun's Green Cabs, Alex?
蘇西:阿萊克斯,你有肖恩綠色出租車的電話號碼嗎?
Alex: No, sorry. Why don't you try Uber?
阿萊克斯:抱歉,我沒有。為什么你不試試優步?
Susie: What is Uber?
蘇西:優步是什么?
Alex: Uber is a new type of taxi service.
阿萊克斯:優步是一種新型的出租車服務。
Susie: What do you mean?
蘇西:什么意思?
Alex: Uber drivers use their own cars. They are not real taxi drivers. But they can take you places.
阿萊克斯:優步的司機是用他們自己的汽車。他們不是真正的出租車司機。但是他們可以拉你去目的地。
Susie: OK. I can try Uber.
蘇西:好的。我會試試優步的。