Conversation A
對話A
Rob: What are you looking at, Alex?
羅布:阿萊克斯,你在看什么?
Alex: I am looking at my power bill. I think.
阿萊克斯:我在看我的電費賬單。我想應該是吧。
Rob: What do you mean?
羅布:你指的是什么意思?
Alex: Well, I don't understand this bill.
阿萊克斯:我看不明白這個賬單。
Rob: Let me help you. What don't you understand?
羅布:我來幫你吧。你不理解什么?
Alex: When is it due? And how do I pay it?
阿萊克斯:什么時候繳款到期?我要如何支付呢?
Rob: Let's see. Hmm... It tells you right here.
羅布:讓我看看。恩,就在這里啊。
Conversation B
對話B
Alex: In Taipei, I never have a problem with bills.
阿萊克斯:在臺北,我從來沒遇到過賬單的問題。
Rob: Really? How do you pay them?
羅布:真的嗎?你是怎么支付的呢?
Alex: You go to a convenience store.
阿萊克斯:你可以去便利商店。
Rob: Well, you can't usually do that here.
羅布:在這里你通常不能這么做。
Alex: I know. That's my problem.
阿萊克斯:我知道。這就是我遇到問題。
Rob: That's not your only problem. How old is this bill?
羅布:這不僅僅是你的問題。這個賬單有多久了?
Alex: I don't know. Why?
阿萊克斯:我不知道。怎么了?
Rob: You didn't pay this bill on time. It's overdue!
羅布:你沒有及時支付這份賬單。已經過期了!
Alex: Oh, no!
阿萊克斯:哦,不!
Conversation C
對話C
Rob: You have to pay this bill today.
羅布:你今天必須要支付這份賬單了。
Alex: Is it that bad?
阿萊克斯:情況這么糟糕?
Rob: Yes. The electric company might turn off your power.
羅布:沒錯。電力公司可能會斷掉你的電的。
Alex: But without power, I can't cook.
阿萊克斯:但是沒有電,我就沒法做飯了。
Rob: So pay the bill. Do it today.
羅布:所以要支付賬單啊。今天就付。
Alex: How can I pay it today?
阿萊克斯:我今天要怎么支付?
Rob: You can go to the power company's office at lunch.
羅布:吃午飯時你可以去電力公司辦公室。
Alex: OK. I can do that.
阿萊克斯:好的。這我做得到。