But the next question, of course, is, can power posing for a few minutes really change your life in meaningful ways?
但下一個問題,當然,就是維持數分鐘的姿勢是否真能引導一個更有意義的人生呢?
This is in the lab, it's this little task, it's just a couple of minutes.
剛剛都只是在實驗室里,一個小實驗,你知道的,只有幾分鐘。
Where can you actually apply this? Which we cared about, of course.
你要怎么實現這一切,落實在我們關心的地方呢?
And so we think where you want to use this is evaluative situations, like social threat situations.
我們關心的其實是在哪里可以用這些技巧去評估時勢,比如社交威脅的情形。
Where are you being evaluated, either by your friends? For teenagers, it's at the lunchroom table.
比如說你被人評估時,也許是你朋友評估你?就像是青少年在午餐桌上那樣。
For some people it's speaking at a school board meeting.
對有些人來說,可以應用在學校董事會演講時。
It might be giving a pitch or giving a talk like this or doing a job interview.
有時候是一個小演講,有時是像這種演講或是工作面試時。

We decided that the one that most people could relate to because most people had been through, was the job interview.
我們認為大多數人都與之相關,因為大部分人都曾經歷過求職面試。
So we published these findings, and the media are all over it,
因此我們發表了這些發現,接著媒體就大量曝光,
and they say, Okay, so this is what you do when you go in for the job interview, right?
他們說,好吧,所以你去求職面試時,你得這樣做,對吧?
You know, so we were of course horrified, and said, Oh my God, no, that's not what we meant at all.
我們當然大吃一驚,表示,我的天啊,不不不,我們不是這個意思。
For numerous reasons, no, don't do that.
不管什么原因,不不,千萬別這么做。
Again, this is not about you talking to other people. It's you talking to yourself.
這和你跟別人交談無關,這是你在和你自己交談。