哈里:我們這周末的演出取消了。他們忘了已經提前預定了別人。
Debbie: That’s a big bummer. I was counting on that gig to pay rent.
黛比:真是一記悶棍。我還指望著那份工作來付房租。
Harry: Maybe I can get some session work at the studio.
哈里:也許我可以在工作室里做一些會話工作。
Debbie: I’m so sick of being broke all the time.
黛比:我很討厭一直捉襟見肘地生活。

Harry: I know, but this is our dream. We want to be working musicians with a recording contract and worldwide tours, right? We agreed to devote all our time and energy to our music.
哈里:我理解,但這是我們的夢想。我們想要成為有唱片合約和全球巡演的音樂家,對吧?我們說好要把所有的時間和精力投入到音樂中的。
Debbie: That was the dream. The reality is that we’re not doing too well. I’m thinking of packing it in.
黛比:理想很豐滿。而現實是我們做的不太好。我在考慮要不要放棄了。
Harry: You can’t! We agreed to give ourselves five years to make it. We both agreed that it’s better to have tried and failed than never to have tried at all.
哈里:你不能這樣!我們說好的給自己5年時間。我們也一致認為,努力后的失敗總好過原地打轉。
Debbie: But don’t you ever feel like giving up?
黛比:難道你沒有過放棄的念頭嗎?
Harry: No! All we need is one big break.
哈里:沒有!我們只需要一次大的突破。
Debbie: All right. I don’t want to think about it anymore. Let’s rehearse.
黛比:好吧。我不想再糾結這個問題了。咱們排練吧。
Harry: I can’t. I’ve got to go.
哈里:抱歉。我得走了。
Debbie: Where to?
黛比:去哪里?
Harry: To my brother’s restaurant. I agreed to wash dishes there tonight.
哈里:我哥哥的餐廳。我答應他晚上去那里洗盤子。
Debbie: What happened to devoting all our time and energy to our music?
黛比:說好的要把所有的時間和精力投入到我們的音樂上呢?
Harry: Even people with dreams have to eat.
哈里:有夢想的人也得吃飯呀。
譯文屬可可原創,僅供學習交流使用,未經許可請勿轉載