欲加強難度還請移步《地道美語聽力播客(快速版)》
Roberto: All right, let’s get started. I organized this faculty and staff meeting to talk about ideas to improve school security.
羅伯托:好了,咱們開始吧。我組織這個全體教職工校務會議的目的是為改善學校安全而征詢大家意見。
Ginny: But we already have controlled access to school buildings, and all of the staff and faculty wear ID badges.
金尼:可是我們已經著手控制學校的外來訪客了,而且所有的職工與教師都佩戴著身份牌。

Roberto: Those measures help to keep people out of our school who don’t belong here. But in light of what’s happened at other schools, we need to do more to keep students safe.
羅伯托:這些措施只能保證校外人員遠離學校。鑒于其他學校發生的案件,我們還需要采取其他的方案保證學生的人身安全。
Ginny: You mean in the event of bomb threats and mass shootings?
金尼:你是指炸彈襲擊和大規模槍擊事件?
Roberto: Those are some of the threats we have to prepare for.
羅伯托:這些是我們需要預防的威脅之一。
Ginny: I don’t know how we can prepare for those things.
金尼:我不知道該如何預防這類威脅。
Roberto: Well, we might consider security cameras and armed guards to patrol the school.
羅伯托:嗯,我們可能會加強監控和警衛巡邏力度。
Ginny: Really?
金尼:真的么?
Roberto: Really. We need to develop evacuation plans or procedures for lockdown in the event of an imminent threat.
羅伯托:是的。我們需要制定疏散計劃或程序來防范隨時會發生的恐怖襲擊。
Ginny: This is scary stuff.
金尼:這真是一件可怕的事情。
Roberto: We live in scary times.
羅伯托:我們就生活在一個可怕的時代。
Ginny: It’s starting to feel like we work in a prison, not a school!
金尼:我開始覺得我們像是在監獄里工作而不是學校!
譯文屬可可原創,僅供學習交流使用,未經許可請勿轉載