Francesca: Hey, don’t we have a meeting at 1:30?
弗朗西斯卡:嘿,我們不是1點半開會嗎?
Jorge: We do. Sorry I’m late. I popped over to see how my kids are doing in the new on-site daycare.
喬治:是的。抱歉,我遲到了。我想看看孩子們在新的現場托兒所里是否適應。
Francesca: I didn’t even know we had an on-site daycare.
弗朗西斯卡:我怎么不知道咱們還有現場托兒所。
Jorge: It’s something new the company is offering to working parents. It’s a big perk and it’s great not having to drop off and pick up my kids from a separate daycare every day.
喬治:這是公司為在職父母提供的新福利。這是一項十分“惠民”措施,我不用再每天去專門的日托中心接送孩子了。
Francesca: That’s nice.
弗朗西斯卡:是挺不錯的。
Jorge: It’s really helped with the transition back to work from maternity and paternity leave. Finding the right childcare was turning out to be a big problem.
喬治:這對于休完產假和陪產假,重返崗位的父母來說確實有很大幫助。找一所合適的兒童托管中心是一件棘手的事情。
Francesca: We really missed you when you were away.
弗朗西斯卡:你不在的這些日子我們很想念你。
Jorge: Thanks. I’m also less distracted. I have peace of mind knowing the kids are here in the same building and I can check on them anytime. It’s better for productivity.
喬治:多謝。我也不會太分心。知道孩子們在同一幢樓里,隨時可以查看他們的情況讓我安心許多。這樣也利于提高工作效率。
Francesca: That’s good. Now should we get started with our meeting?
弗朗西斯卡:很好。現在我們可以開始會議了嗎?
Jorge: Okay, but let’s keep it short. I want to check on the kids again in about 10 minutes.
喬治:好的,咱們盡量長話短說。我想約莫10分鐘后再去看一下孩子們。
Francesca: How many times have you checked on them already?
弗朗西斯卡:你看過他們幾次了?
Jorge: Four times.
喬治:四次。
Francesca: Just today?
弗朗西斯卡:今天一天嗎?
Jorge: Just in the past hour.
喬治:不,是過去的4小時內。
譯文屬可可原創,僅供學習交流使用,未經許可請勿轉載