Americans defied death and hatred with love and courage.
美國人無畏犧牲,不懼死亡;他們愛護彼此,英勇無比。
This week our nation remembers all the wonderful people we have lost and all of the grace they brought into our lives and our communities.
本周,讓我們共同銘記這些逝去的英勇之士,銘記他們為美國帶來的榮耀。
Among the fallen were young students full of limitless potential,
他們中有前途無量的青年學子,
law enforcement personnel, a nurse, teachers dedicated to our children's future, and many others.
有執法人員,有一名護士,有育人的老師,還有許多人…
They were mothers, fathers, sisters, and brothers.
他們為人母,為人父,為人兄弟姐妹,
They were husbands and wives, and sons and daughters.
為人夫婦,又或是為人子女。
They will be dearly missed, and they will never be forgotten.
他們將永遠活在摯愛的思念中,此生不渝。
To all those who lost a loved one, we cannot imagine your pain, or erase your sorrow.
失去摯愛的痛,我們既無法感同身受,也無法抹去你們的悲傷。
Our hearts grieve for you. We stand with you now, and every day after.
但我們在心中默哀,未來的日子,我們會與你們同行。
And we pray that God may carry you through the anguish and sorrow.
我們祈禱,上帝會帶你們走出痛苦與悲傷。
We can never fill the void of those who perished,
我們無法代替逝去之人在你心中的地位,
but we pledge to honor them by living as they would have wished
但我們得好好活著,這才對于他們遺愿的尊重
with lives full of purpose, with hearts full of love, and with hope for a better tomorrow.
讓生命有意義,讓內心充滿愛,讓明天會更好。
May God comfort the broken-hearted.
愿上帝撫慰受傷的心靈!
And may God bless the United States of America. Thank you.
愿上帝保佑美利堅!謝謝大家。