Well, I've got three points here, right?
好的,我分為三點來說。
First of all, to your first one: there's no question that we've changed,
首先,回答你第一個問題:人類變了,這一點毋庸置疑,
that we now want a person to love, and for thousands of years,
現在人們依然渴望愛情,而幾千年來,
we had to marry the right person from the right background and right kin connection.
人們都遵從必須和來自匹配的背景和關聯的人結婚。
And in fact, in my studies of 5,000 people every year, I ask them, "What are you looking for?"
每年我對5000人進行調研,我問他們:“你想找什么樣的人?”
And every single year, over 97 percent say ... The list grows...
每年,超過97%的人會說...清單越來越長了吧...
Well, no. The basic thing is over 97 percent of people want somebody that respects them,
呃,沒有。超過97%的人都表示想找尊重自己,
somebody they can trust and confide in, somebody who makes them laugh,
值得信任的,能交心的,能逗你笑的,
somebody who makes enough time for them and somebody who they find physically attractive.
花時間陪自己的以及長相看著順眼的人。
That never changes. And there's certainly -- you know, there's two parts...
這幾點從未改變過。大概有兩部分...
But you know how I call that? That's not what people used to say... That's exactly right.
你知道我怎么定義這種現象嗎?過去人們并不是這樣的擇偶標準。是的。
They said they wanted somebody with whom they have companionship, economic support, children.
過去人們會說他們想找能夠與自己作伴,提供經濟支持,喜愛孩子的人。
We went from a production economy to a service economy.
我們從生產經濟轉變為服務經濟。