Detached optimism that is advocated in for example for self-help movement.
用盲目樂觀主義做例子,對于自助運動而言
Is everything that I think of I achieve and conceive and becomes a reality?
是不是所有我認為我能實現的,我構想的都能變成現實
Is my self-concept my destiny and my only destiny?
我的自我概念是否我的且是我唯一的命運
Or is there such a thing as unrealistic beliefs?
或是否存在所謂的不現實信念
And there is such a thing as unrealistic beliefs. Here is an example.
確實存在這樣一個東西。下面是個例子
Her name was Rena, she was a showgirl, at least to me, she was.
她的叫雷娜,是個歌舞女郎,至少對我來說她是
Rena and I had a great deal in common.
雷娜和我有很多共同點
We were both in our teens, I was twelve. She was fourteen.
我們都十幾歲,我12歲,她14歲

We both were in our fives.
我們都5英尺高
She was 5'6. I was 5'1. I was in love with Rena.
她5英尺6英寸,我5英尺1英寸,我愛上了雷娜
Rena too was in love with herself.
雷娜也愛她自己
Now, just as a side note, I have a wonderful mother, and amazing mother who believes in me.
現在,只是做個邊注,我有一個很棒的媽媽,很好的媽媽,她相信我
And in fact when the three of us.
而事實上當我們三個
We were three brothers and sisters would come home from school.
我們三兄妹放學回家時
We would very often talked to our mom about everything that was going on in school, good and bad.
我們經常會跟媽媽講學校里發生的所有事,好事還有壞事
So I came home after I realized that I was truly and madly in love with Rena and that she was the one for me.
我有一天回家,意識到我是真心地,瘋狂地愛上雷娜,她就是我的真命天女