I came home and talked to my mom about it.
我回到家,告訴了我媽媽
And I told her, "Mom, I love her so."
我告訴她 "媽媽,我那么地愛她
So she said, " what's the problem?"
于是她說,那問題是什么
And I explained to her that she was older that I was
我就跟她解釋了她比我大
and all the big boys in the school were interested in her, that she was much taller than I was.
學校里的那些大男生也對她有興趣,她比我高多了
And my mother believed in me and went on self-fulfilling prophecy campaign.
而我媽媽對我有信心,她采用了自我應驗預言的那一套

And though she had never read Napoleon Hill, she said to me, "Tal, whatever you conceive, whatever you believe, you can achieve."
盡管她從沒讀過拿破侖·希爾,她對我說 "塔爾,只要你想得到,只要你相信,你就能做到"
And though she had never read Branden, she said to me, "Tal, your self-concept is destiny. And Rena is your destiny."
盡管她從沒讀過布蘭登,她對我說,塔爾,你的自我概念就是命運,而雷娜就是你的命運"
And she told me that if I truly, truly believed that I could, that Rena would want me. She really would want me.
她告訴我如果我真的真的認為我可以,相信雷娜會喜歡我,她就真的會喜歡我
And my mom inspired me and made me believe in myself.
我媽媽激勵了我,讓我相信自己
So I went ahead to approach Rena, and I prepared for it.
于是我去接近雷娜,我做好了準備
I really prepared for it.
我認真做好了準備
Though I wasn't shaving at that time, I put on aftershave. And I continued.
雖然我那時還沒有刮胡子,但我噴了些須后水。然后我繼續行動。