"What makes you sound so down-hearted?
“是什么讓你的聲音那么傷感呢?
I should think you'd be terribly happy about this."
我以為這件喜事會讓你快樂無比。”
"Oh, don't pay any attention to me," said Charlotte.
“噢,別管我,”夏洛說,
"I just don't have much pep any more.
“我只是再沒有力氣了。
I guess I feel sad because I won't ever see my children."
我想我覺得難過,是因為我將看不到我這些孩子了。”
"What do you mean you won't see your children!
“你看不到你的孩子,這是什么意思?
Of course you will. We'll all see them.
你當然看得到。我們全都看得到它們。
It's going to be simply wonderful next spring in the barn cellar
這簡直是了不起,來年春天谷倉底
with five hundred and fourteen baby spiders running around all over the place.
有五百十四只蜘蛛寶寶到處奔來跑去。
And the geese will have a new set of goslings,
那些鵝要有新一代鵝寶寶,
and the sheep will have their new lambs ..."
那些羊又有它們的小羊羔……”
"Maybe," said Charlotte quietly.
“也許吧,”夏洛安靜地說,
"However, I have a feeling I'm not going to see the results of last night's efforts.
“不過我有一種感覺,我不會看到昨天夜里辛苦工作的成果。
I don't feel good at all.
我一點不覺得舒服。
I think I'm languishing, to tell you the truth."
對你說實話,我想我在衰竭。”
Wilbur didn't understand the word "languish"
威爾伯不明白“衰歇”是什么意思,
and he hated to bother Charlotte by asking her to explain.
但不想問夏落,免得麻煩它解釋。
But he was so worried he felt he had to ask.
不過它實在太擔心,覺得又只好問它。
"What does 'languishing' mean?"
“‘衰竭’是什么意思?”
"It means I'm slowing up, feeling my age.
“就是感到老了,越來越沒有力氣了。
I'm not young any more, Wilbur.
我不再年輕啦,威爾伯。
But I don't want you to worry about me.
不過我不要你為我擔心。
This is your big day today.
今天是你的大好日子。
Look at my web - doesn't it show up well with the dew on it?"
你看看我的網——上面有露水,它看上去不是很漂亮嗎?”