My fellow Americans,
我的美國同胞們:
All American hearts are united with the people of Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands who have faced terrible devastation in the wake of two catastrophic hurricanes.
波多黎各和維爾京群島人民曾先后遭受兩場災難性的颶風侵襲,傷亡慘重。
We are working night and day in cooperation with territorial and local authorities to assist those in need,
但所有美國人都與他們心手相連。我們同當地政府合作,夜以繼日地幫助有需求的居民,
to help save and sustain lives, and to begin the long recovery and rebuilding effort.
救助生命,開展長期重建工作。
Our commitment to those affected is this: We are with you, we will stay with you, and we will come back stronger than ever.
對于受災居民,我們的承諾是:此刻,我們與你同在;未來,我們與你同行;讓我們一同擁抱更光明的未來!
We are sending tremendous amounts of supplies, tremendous amounts of food and water, and we are sending great people to help.
我們正在輸送大量補給、食物和水,我們也帶來了強大的救援隊伍。
I know that it's been devastating.
我明白,這場災難肆虐破壞,余威未散。
I know your police force and everything else has been absolutely hurt,
我明白,當地警力和其它(救援)力量早已飽受摧殘,
but we're sending people to help, and it's getting better on a daily basis.
但現在我們正派來救援隊伍,未來的每一天都將變得更好。
This week, I traveled to Indiana to announce historic tax reform for the American people.
本周,我訪問了印第安納州,向美國人民宣布了歷史性的稅改政策。