But if you ask about their education, they pin you to the wall.
但如果你要他們談談他們的受教育經歷,他們會把你“釘到墻上”。
Because it's one of those things that goes deep with people, am I right?
因為這些事情都涉及個人的隱私,對嗎?
Like religion, and money and other things.
比如宗教信仰,薪水等。
So I have a big interest in education, and I think we all do.
我對教育特別感興趣,我認為我們都是如此。
We have a huge vested interest in it, partly because it's education that's meant to take us into this future that we can't grasp.
我們對此有巨大的既得利益,部分因為教育旨在將我們帶入我們無法掌握的未來。
If you think of it, children starting school this year will be retiring in 2065.
大家想想,今年入學的小孩,2065將退休。
Nobody has a clue, despite all the expertise that's been on parade for the past four days,
沒人知道會怎樣,雖然過去四天會議進程里都是關于這方面的專業討論,
what the world will look like in five years' time.
但我們還是無法預知這個世界五年后的樣子。
And yet we're meant to be educating them for it.
這就是為何我們要讓這些孩子接受教育。
So the unpredictability, I think, is extraordinary.
我認為正是未來的不確定性決定其非同尋常。
And the third part of this is that we've all agreed, nonetheless,
第三點就是我們都認同一個觀點,
on the really extraordinary capacities that children have -- their capacities for innovation.
這些孩子的特別之處正是他們的創新能力。
I mean, Sirena last night was a marvel, wasn't she? Just seeing what she could do.
我覺得昨晚Sirena的表現令人驚奇,對嗎?
And she's exceptional, but I think she's not, so to speak, exceptional in the whole of childhood.
她很出色,但是我認為她在孩提時代時沒顯得與眾不同。
What you have there is a person of extraordinary dedication who found a talent.
現在的教育提倡的是,一個有奉獻精神的老師能發現一個天才學生。
And my contention is, all kids have tremendous talents. And we squander them, pretty ruthlessly.
但我認為所有孩子都是偉大的天才。而我們卻無情地扼殺了他們的才能。
So I want to talk about education and I want to talk about creativity.
所以我想談談教育和創造力。
My contention is that creativity now is as important in education as literacy,
我認為創造力和文化知識在教育中占同樣比重,
and we should treat it with the same status. Thank you.
所以這兩方面我們應同等對待。謝謝。