How annoying would that be? "Must try harder."
多么不可思議。“你要努力學習”。
Being sent to bed by his dad, you know, to Shakespeare, "Go to bed, now! And put the pencil down."
你能想象他父親邊說邊把他抱上床,“現在該睡覺了,放下筆。
"And stop speaking like that. It's confusing everybody."
別再寫那些東西了,別人都看不懂。”
Anyway, we moved from Stratford to Los Angeles, and I just want to say a word about the transition.
話說遠了,剛才說到我們從Stratford搬到洛杉磯,我想說的是。
My son didn't want to come. I've got two kids; he's 21 now, my daughter's 16.
對于這次搬家,我兒子并不愿意。我有兩個孩子。兒子現在21歲了,女兒16歲。
He didn't want to come to Los Angeles. He loved it, but he had a girlfriend in England.
我兒子不愿搬到洛杉磯。雖然他喜歡這,但在英國,他有個女友。
This was the love of his life, Sarah. He'd known her for a month.
是他的最愛,叫Sarah。他們認識只有一個月后就開始交往了。
Mind you, they'd had their fourth anniversary, because it's a long time when you're 16.
我們要搬家時他們已交往了4年。這對于16歲的年齡來說已經很長了。
He was really upset on the plane, he said, "I'll never find another girl like Sarah."
我兒子上了飛機后很郁悶,他說:“我再也找不到像Sarah那樣的女孩了。”
And we were rather pleased about that, frankly...
但說實話,做為家長的我們為此很慶幸。
Because she was the main reason we were leaving the country.
因為那個女孩是我們搬家的主要原因。