My Fellow Americans,
我的美國同胞們,
I had the profound honor this week of addressing American troops at Fort Myer and speaking to thousands of veterans at the American Legion National Convention.
我很榮幸本周在邁爾堡向軍人們發表演講,并和美國退伍軍人協會全國大會的數千們退伍軍人們交流。
Today I want to speak to all Americans about what we can learn from the men and women of our incredible Armed Forces.
今天,我想向所有的人們談談,我從我們這些杰出的軍人們身上學到的東西。
Every person who puts on the uniform makes our nation proud.
每一個身著軍裝的人都讓我們的國家自豪。
They all come from across our land.
他們來自我們國家的各地。
They represent every race, ethnicity, and creed.
他們代表著所有的民族,種族和信仰。
But they all pledge the same oath, fight for the same cause, and operate as one team - with one shared sense of purpose.
但他們都用相同的誓詞宣誓,為了相同的理由奮斗,并且團結一致--為了相同的目標。
They love their families. They cherish their freedom.
他們愛著他們的家人。他們珍視他們的自由。
They salute our flag. And above all, they believe in America.
他們向我們的旗幟敬禮。至關重要得是,他們相信美國。
Now, we must draw inspiration from their love and loyalty to one another - and to our nation - as we seek to heal divisions from within.
我們必須從他們的愛和對彼此的忠誠中,以及對我們國家的忠誠中獲得靈感--在我們尋求從內部治愈分裂的過程中。
We must also remember what our service personnel know better than anyone
我們必須牢記,我們比任何人都更清楚我們的使命