So I finished. And I kind of went overboard on the week after the project was over.
我于是停止了這些健康計劃。健康計劃中止后的一周,我讓自己稍微放縱了一下,
I went to the dark side, and I just indulged myself. It was like something out of Caligula.
開始了不健康的生活方式,盡情放任自己,有點像《羅馬帝國艷情史》里那樣。
Without the sex part. Because I have three young kids, so that wasn't happening.
當然這里可沒有關于性的部分,因為我已經有三個孩子了。
But the over-eating and over-drinking, definitely. And I finally have stabilized.
因此不是你想的那樣,不過大吃大喝是肯定要有的,最后就穩定下來了。
So now I'm back to adopting many -- not all;
我保留了許多過去一年中嘗試過的方法--當然不是全部,
I don't wear a helmet anymore -- but dozens of healthy behaviors that I adopted during my year.
我再也不帶頭盔了,但是還是保留了不少健康的生活習慣。
It was really a life-changing project. And I, of course, don't have time to go into all of them.
這真是個能夠改變生活的計劃,當然,我沒有足夠的時間去逐個體驗。
Let me just tell you two really quickly.
我只簡單告訴大家兩件事。
The first is -- and this was surprising to me; I didn't expect this to come out -- but I live a much quieter life now.
首先是--一件讓我感到驚訝的事情,我之前并沒有抱這個期望--但現在我卻有了一個更安靜的生活。
Because we live in such a noisy world. There's trains and planes and cars and Bill O'Reilly, he's very noisy.
我們生活在一個嘈雜的世界,充斥著火車、飛機、汽車,和比爾·奧雷利(美國時事評論員),他吵死了。
And this is a real underestimated, under-appreciated health hazard -- not just because it harms our hearing,
這的確是一個被低估、被忽視的健康隱患--不僅僅是因為它有損聽力,
which it obviously does, but it actually initiates the fight-or-flight response.
這點是毫無疑問的,它實際上還會讓人產生“攻擊或逃離”這個心理應急機制。
A loud noise will get your fight-or-flight response going.
高分貝噪聲會讓你啟動應急機制。
And this, over the years, can cause real damage, cardiovascular damage.
這樣持續數年會造成真正的損傷,心血管損傷。