"Yes, I suppose they do," said Mrs. Arable, vaguely.
“是的,我想它們是得吃東西,”阿拉布爾太太含糊地說了一聲。
"Charlotte has another cousin who is a balloonist.
“夏洛還有一個堂姐是飛天蜘蛛,就是乘氣球飛天的蜘蛛。
She stands on her head, lets out a lot of line, and is carried aloft on the wind.
它倒過頭來豎蜻蜓站著,吐出許多許多絲,給風帶到天上去了。
Mother, wouldn't you simply love to do that?"
媽媽,你不想那樣做嗎?”
"Yes, I would, come to think of it," replied Mrs. Arable.
“是的,想到這樣的事,我也會想那樣做,”阿拉布爾太太回答說,
"But Fern, darling, I wish you would play outdoors today instead of going to Uncle Homer's barn.
“不過,弗恩,小寶貝,我希望你今天在外面玩,不要上霍默舅舅的谷倉去了。
Find some of your playmates and do something nice outdoors.
在外面找兩個小伙伴,做點有意義的事吧。
You're spending too much time in that barn
你在谷倉那里花的時間太多了
- it isn't good for you to be alone so much."
——老這樣孤孤單單的,這對你不好。”
"Alone?" said Fern.
“孤孤單單?”弗恩說,
"Alone? My best friends are in the barn cellar.
“孤孤單單,我最好的朋友都在倉底。
It is a very sociable place.
那地方可熱鬧了,
Not at all lonely."
一點也不孤單。”