The rat looked disgusted.
老鼠似乎很厭煩。
But he sneaked away to the dump and was back in a while with a strip of cotton cloth.
不過它還是溜回到垃圾場去了。過了一會兒,叼著一塊布條回來。
"How's this?" he asked.
“這個怎么樣?”它說,
"It's a label off an old shirt."
“是從一件舊襯衫上咬下來的標簽。”
Charlotte examined the label.
夏洛把那標簽仔細看了看。
It said PRESHRUNK.
上面寫著:防縮。
"I'm sorry, Templeton," she said, "but 'Pre-shrunk' is out of the question.
“很抱歉,坦普爾頓,”它說,“‘防縮’根本不能用。
We want Zuckerman to think Wilbur is nicely filled out, not all shrunk up.
我們要朱克曼先生想的是威爾伯好好長大而不是縮小。
I'll have to ask you to try again."
我只好求你再去找找。”
"What do you think I am, a messenger boy?" grumbled the rat.
“你把我當什么了,一個差來譴去的聽差嗎?”老鼠抱怨說,
"I'm not going to spend all my time chasing down to the dump after advertising material."
“我可不要把我的時間花到跑垃圾場找廣告上面去。”
"Just once more - please!" said Charlotte.
就再去一次吧……謝謝你!”夏洛說。