Thou art as tyrannous, so as thou art,
有的人殘暴因為有美色作資本,
As those whose beauties proudly make them cruel;
平庸如你,卻竟和她們一樣專橫;
For well thou know'st to my dear doting heart
只因為你知道我已愛迷了心竅,
Thou art the fairest and most precious jewel.
總把你視作世上的至美奇珍。
Yet, in good faith, some say that thee behold
可實話實說,凡見過你的都講,
Thy face hath not the power to make love groan:
你的臉還難以使人一往情深。
To say they err I dare not be so bold,
盡管我私下里絕不信他們的胡說,

Although I swear it to myself alone.
可在公開場合卻不敢推翻他們的譏評。
And, to be sure that is not false I swear,
我發誓我的話毫無半點欺心,
A thousand groans, but thinking on thy face,
一想到你的嬌容,萬千嘆息
One on another's neck, do witness bear
便不絕如縷涌出我口為我作證:
Thy black is fairest in my judgment's place.
我看你的黑比天下絕色也不稍遜。
In nothing art thou black save in thy deeds,
你其實一點不黑,黑的是你的驕橫,
And thence this slander, as I think, proceeds.
我想是因為后者,誹謗才應運而生。