My mistress' eyes are nothing like the sun;
我情人的眼睛絕不像太陽,
Coral is far more red than her lips' red;
即便是珊瑚也遠比她的朱唇紅亮,
If snow be white, why then her breasts are dun;
雪若算白,她的胸膛便算褐色蒼蒼,
If hairs be wires, black wires grow on her head.
若美發是金絲,她滿頭黑絲長。
I have seen roses damask'd, red and white,
曾見過似錦玫瑰紅白相間,
But no such roses see I in her cheeks;
卻見不到她臉上有這樣的暈光;
And in some perfumes is there more delight
有若干種香味叫人聞之欲醉,

Than in the breath that from my mistress reeks.
我情人的口里卻吐不出這樣的芬芳。
I love to hear her speak, yet well I know
我喜歡聆聽她的聲音,但我明白
That music hath a far more pleasing sound;
悅耳的音樂比她的更甜美鏗鏘。
I grant I never saw a goddess go;
我承認我從沒有見過仙女的步態,
My mistress, when she walks, treads on the ground:
反正我愛人只能在大地上徜徉。
And yet, by heaven, I think my love as rare
老天在上,盡管有所謂美女蓋世無雙,
As any she belied with false compare.
可我愛人和她們相比,卻也旗鼓相當。