Your love and pity doth the impression fill
借得你的真愛和憐憫我當抹盡
Which vulgar scandal stamp'd upon my brow;
流言的長舌在我額上烙下的污痕;
For what care I who calls me well or ill,
只要蒙你青眼相顧為我文過飾非,
So you o'er-green my bad, my good allow?
我又何須在意對我說長道短的世人?
You are my all the world, and I must strive
你既是我整個的世界,我必須
To know my shames and praises from your tongue:
親耳聽到你對我的頌揚和批評。
None else to me, nor I to none alive,
我視世人皆亡,世人視我已死,

That my steel'd sense or changes right or wrong.
還有誰能以善惡改我鐵石之心?
In so profound abysm I throw all care
我已把旁人的品頭論足都拋入
Of others' voices, that my adder's sense
萬丈深坑,我像聾蛇充耳不聞
To critic and to flatterer stopped are.
惡意的誹謗或善意的奉承,
Mark how with my neglect I do dispense:
我這樣超然冷漠,本有原因:
You are so strongly in my purpose bred
你如此深深地扎根在我心底,
That all the world besides methinks are dead.
我想,除了你,全世界都已死。