I thank you for the opportunity to appear before this subcommittee.
感謝給我在這次小組委員會前發聲的計劃
I would like to start by apologizing for the acts that have brought us here.
我想以為這次行動把大家帶到這里而道歉
A nation has a right to expect its rules and laws to be obeyed,
一個國家有權利期望它的規則與法律得到遵守
but I also have asked every Salomon employee to be his or her own compliance officer.
但是我也讓每個所羅門雇員做自己的合規官員
After they first obey all rules,I then want employees to ask themselves
在他們遵守法律之后 我接著問他們
whether they are willing to have any contemplated act
愿不愿意有任何預期行為
appear the next day on the front page of their local paper to be read by their spouses,children,and friends.
出現在明天他們的配偶 孩子 朋友 閱讀的報紙頭版頭條上
If they follow this test,they need not fear my other message to them:
如果他們同意了這項考驗 他們就不必為我其他的話感到害怕
Lose money for the firm, and I will be understanding.
折損公司的財富 我會能理解
Lose a shred of reputation for the firm,and I will be ruthless.
折損公司僅剩的聲譽 我就會趕盡殺絕
I welcome your questions.
歡迎提問
It's been 50 years since I formally took control of Berkshire Hathaway,
我正式接管伯克希爾哈撒韋已經有50年了
and, step by step, we've created something that is kind of what I dreamt we might create over time,
一步接著一步 我們已經創造了一些我們夢想中的東西
but it took a lot of time to do it.
但這會要很多時間
Never seemed like we were making that much progress on any one day,but compound interest works.
不是我們在一天內能取得的進展 但是復利真的有用