We had this death knell from the Treasury,so I called the Treasury.
我們從財政部那里聽到了喪鐘 所以我打電話給財政部
Nick Brady was the Secretary.
尼克·布雷迪是部長
I'm pleading for my life.
我為我身家做辯護
And I'm sure my voice was cracking and everything else,
我確定我的聲音很響
and I said, "Nick, this is the most important day of my life."
我說 尼克 這是我生命里最重要的一天
And I really did feel that it was going to be a colossal disaster.
我真的感覺 這會演變成一場大災難
He wasn't sure I was right at all--in fact, he probably thought I was wrong
他不確信我是對的 實際上 他可能覺得我是錯的
but he knew that I felt what I was saying.
但是他知道我說話時的感受
So, the Treasury modified its order,and in effect, of course,it was quite an endorsement.
因此 財政部修改了法令 并實施 這是一種支持
It was huge. It saved Salomon.
巨大的支持 它拯救了所羅門
Nick Brady went with Warren, because he trusted him.
尼克布雷迪順從了沃倫 因為他相信他
It shows how having a good reputation is really helpful in life.
這顯示了擁有好的聲譽在生活中真的很有幫助