So, everybody ready? This is your first quest. Here we go.
怎么樣,每個人都準備好了嗎?第一個任務來了。
Pick one: Stand up and take three steps, or make your hands into fists,
選擇一項做:站起來并走三步,或者握起拳頭,
raise them over your head as high as you can for five seconds, go!
把它們高高地舉過頭頂,保持5秒鐘。開始!
All right, I like the people doing both. You are overachievers. Very good.
太棒了,我喜歡兩項都做了的人,你們是超預期的成功者,非常棒。
Well done, everyone. That is worth +1 physical resilience,
每個人做得都很好。這是給身體意志力上加分,
which means that your body can withstand more stress and heal itself faster.
意味著你們的身體能承受更大的壓力和自愈得更快。
We know from the research that the number one thing you can do to boost your physical resilience is to not sit still.
現在我們知道研究表明能增強身體意志力的最好方法是不要坐著不動。
That's all it takes. Every single second that you are not sitting still,
就這么多。在你移動地每一秒鐘里,
you are actively improving the health of your heart, and your lungs and brains.
你很積極得改善你的心臟,你的肺和大腦的健康。
Everybody ready for your next quest?
每個人都準備好下一個任務了嗎?
I want you to snap your fingers exactly 50 times, or count backwards from 100 by seven, like this: 100, 93... Go!
我想你們打50次的響指,或者從100開始,每隔七位數倒數,100,93...... 開始!
Don't give up. Don't let the people counting down from 100 interfere with your counting to 50.
不要放棄哦!不要讓數100的人擾亂你已經數到的50。
Nice. Wow. That's the first time I've ever seen that. Bonus physical resilience. Well done, everyone.
很好!哇塞!我第一次看到這樣的場面,又給身體意志力加分了。每個人都干得很好!
Now that's worth +1 mental resilience, which means you have more mental focus, more discipline, determination and willpower.
這是給大腦意志力上加分的,這意味著你的精力更集中,自制力更強,更有決心和毅力。
We know from the scientific research that willpower actually works like a muscle.
科學研究告訴我們,毅力實際就像一塊肌肉。
It gets stronger the more you exercise it.
你越練習它,它就越強壯。
So tackling a tiny challenge without giving up,
所以為戰勝一個小的挑戰而堅持到底,
even one as absurd as snapping your fingers exactly 50 times or counting backwards from 100 by seven
即使那個挑戰有點好笑,比如打50下的響指或者從100開始每隔7位數倒數,
is actually a scientifically validated way to boost your willpower.
這都是有科學依據的可以增強你的毅力。