We all get a lot meaning from our communities.
我們都從我們的社群中獲得很多的意義。
Whether our communities are houses or sports teams, churches or ** groups,
無論我們的社群是鄰里社區還是運動小組,教堂或**團體。
they give us that sense that we are part of something bigger, that we are not alone;
他們給我們歸屬感,我們屬于群體的一部分,我們不是一個人,
they give us the strength to expand our horizons.
社群給了我們擴大我們的視野的力量。
And that's why it's so striking that over the past few decades, membership in all kinds of communities has declined by as much as one-quarter.
這就是為什么這幾十年來各類團體的會員人數下降了四分之一的事實需要引起注意!
That's a lot of people who now need to find sense of purpose somewhere else.
現在很多人都需要在別的地方尋找生活的使命感。

But I know that we can rebuild this communities and start new ones because many of you already are.
但是,我知道我們可以重建我們的社群,因為你們中許多人已經開始行動了。
I met Agnes Igoye, who's graduating today. Agnes, Where are you?
我看到了今天畢業的艾格尼絲。你在哪里,艾格尼絲?
Agnes spent her childhood navigating conflict zones with human trafficking in Uganda,
她在烏干達的沖突和販賣人口地區度過童年時期,
and now she is trained thousands of law enforcement officials to keep communities safe.
現在她在訓練數以千計的執法人員來維持社區的安全。
I met Kayla Oakley and Niha Jain, graduating today, too. Stand up, guys.
我看到凱拉和妮哈,也是今天畢業,請你們站以來。
Kayla and Niha started a non-profit that connects people suffering from chronic illnesses with people in their communities were willing to help out.
他們發起了一個非營利組織,將患有慢性疾病的人與社區內愿意幫助他們的人聯系起來。
And I met David Razu Aznar, who's graduating from the Kennedy School today. David, stand up.
我看到了大衛,今天從肯尼迪政治學院畢業。大衛站起來。