I shared stories of my time in school, and they shared their hope that one day they would get to go to college too.
我向他們分享了我讀書時的故事,他們分享了對走進大學深造的渴望。
For five years, I’ve had dinner with those students every month.
五年來,我每個月都會和那些學生一起共進一次晚餐。
One of them even threw Priscilla and me our first baby shower.
其中有一個孩子,甚至為我與普莉希拉的第一個寶寶的出生,舉辦了寶寶洗禮派對。
And next year they’re gonna college.
明年,這些孩子們都要上大學了,
Every one of them. First generation in their families.
是的,他們每一個都要上大學了,而且他們都將驕傲地成為自己家族里第一名大學生。
We can all make time to give someone a hand.
花一點時間,去幫助其他人,這是我們每個人都可以做到的。
Let's give everyone the freedom to pursue purpose -- not just because it's the right thing to do,
讓我們通過此舉,讓每個人都有實現人生目標的自由——不僅因為這樣做是正確的,
but because when more people can turn their dreams into something great, we're all better for it.
更是因為當人們可以把夢想變為偉大的現實時,我們每個人都會變得更好。
Purpose doesn't only come from work.
“目標”不僅來自于工作。

The third way we can create a sense of purpose for everyone is by building community.
去實現“讓每個人都有活的有目標”的第三種方式是建立社區。
And our generation, when we says purpose for "everyone", we mean everyone in the world.
而當我們這一代人說“讓每個人都有活的有目標”的時候,我們指的是——世界上的每一個人。
Now, quick show of hands: how many of you here are from another country?
現在來做一個調查:你們有多少人來自美國之外其他國家?
And now keep your hands up. Now, how many of you are friends with one of these folks?
不要放下你們的手,你們中有多少人是他們的朋友?
Now we're talking, See we have grown up connected.
看到了嗎?我們出生在一個互聯的世界。
In a recent survey of millennials around the world, asking what most defines our identity,
在最近一項調查中,世界各地的80后90后被要求選擇自己認同的身份,
the most popular answer wasn't nationality, ethnicity or religion, it was "citizen of the world". That's a big deal.
最流行的答案不是國籍,種族或宗教,而是“世界公民”。這是一個標志性的事件。
Every generation expands the circle of people we consider "one of us".
每一代人都擴大了我們認同的“自己人”。
And in our generation, that now includes the whole world.
而對我們這代來說,它現在涵蓋了整個世界。