And yes, giving everyone the freedom to pursue purpose isn't gonna be free.
是的,賦予每個人追求目標的自由,這并不是免費的。
People like me should pay for it.
像我這樣的人理應為此付費。
And a lot of you gonna do really well and you should too.
在你們之中,許多人都會做得很好,當然,你們也有義務去做好。
That is why Priscilla and I started the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative and committed our wealth to promoting equal opportunity.
這也是為什么當初普莉希拉和我啟動了Chan Zuckerberg Initiative,并承諾要用我們的財富去促進機會的平等。
These are the values of our whole generation.
這些是我們這代人的價值。
who was never a question of if we were gonna do this.
“要不要這樣做”從來都不是問題,
The only question was when.
唯一的問題是“什么時候去做”。
Millennials are already one of the most charitable generations in history.
千禧一代已經是歷史上最慈善的一代人之一了。
In just one year, more than three in four US millennials donated to charity and more than seven in ten raised money for another one.
千禧一代的美國人僅在一年中,四個人里就有三個人以上的人會為慈善募捐,十個人里就有七個以上的人會為他人募捐。

But it's not just about giving money. You can also give time.
不僅限于金錢,你也可以奉獻你的時間。
And I promise you, if you just take an hour or two a week,
我在這里向你保證,如果你可以每周就花一兩個小時去奉獻和幫助,
that's all it takes to give someone a hand, to help them reach their potential.
就會有一個人因此獲得幫助,甚至實現他們以前不可能實現的目標。
Now, maybe you're thinking that's a lot of time, I'm not sure if I have that much time. I used to think that.
或許你覺得這太花時間了,我不敢保證我會有那么多的時間。我曾經也這么認為。
You know, when Priscilla graduated from Harvard she became a teacher,
當普莉希拉從哈佛畢業后,她成了一名老師,
and before she'd do education work with me, she told me that I needed to get my own experience teaching a class.
在她和我一起投身教育行業之前,她告訴我,我需要去得到教授一門課的經歷。
At first, I complained: "you know, I'm kind of busy. I'm running this company."
開始我抱怨道:“好吧,可是我很忙啊,我得經營臉書啊?!?/div>
But she insisted, so I taught an after-school program at the local Boys and Girls Club about entrepreneurship.
但是她堅持讓我去教課,所以我就在當地的男孩女孩俱樂部教授了一門關于創業精神的課后課程。
I taught those kids lessons on product development and marketing, and
我教他們在產品開發和市場營銷中應當吸取的教訓,
they taught me what it was like growing up feeling targeted for your race and what it's like having a family member in prison.
從他們身上,我感受到了當自己從小到大因為自己的種族而受到攻擊、或有家庭成員身陷囹圄時的感受。