there are some four, five years maybe there was coercive interrogation,
可能是四到五年吧逼問審訊期會在
the first year or so but yet the detention continues
第一年或更長,接下來是繼續拘留
and the person who being held incommunicado can't know whether or not
犯人被單獨監禁他們不知道會不會
there will be that type of torture again
在遭受那種酷刑
and still under control, so cannot move on in his life his relationships freedoms.
能否控制自己,所以他們無法繼續生活維持關系,獲得自由
Oh it's devastating, er you know if you talk to attorneys
哦,這糟透了你知道,如果你和某些律師交流過
who deal with people that have been in Guantanamo for four of five years um,
他們接觸過在關塔那摩被監禁過四到五年的人
in the case of one that I have talked to Joshua
我曾經和約書亞?安吉拉?奧布萊恩交談過
Angela O'brien in charge of several Bahraini detainees who may now have been released,
他為幾個來自巴林的關押犯提供法律幫助這些人現在可能被釋放了
but er he has um, his this one detainee was has tried to commit suicide 12 or 13 times,
其中有一個拘留犯嘗試過自殺12 13次
I raised the case specifically or I um to er a very high up official at the Pentagon
我特別說到這個案例有位五角大樓的高級官員
who works for the Secretary of Health who brought me to Guantanamo
現在為衛生部長工作他曾帶我到關塔那摩
and you know he just saw this often happens.
他經常目睹這樣的事情發生
Suicide attempts are often viewed as shows, shows of power you know they're flashy things
企圖自殺經常被看做是個表演展示力量的表演,但是華而不實
that might get attention and what not but the trick here and I think
也許能得到注意但是歸根到底只是個伎倆
that this is probably what you're getting to.
我覺得這可能就是你要說的意思
Psychiatrists um are meant to be dealing with the mental health of detainees,
精神病專家應該關注被拘役人員的心理健康
and addressing just that issue but often they refer their professional expertise to
解決這類問題但是通常情況下,他們認為自己的專業技能
what the interrogator needs or what the BSCTs,
是為了滿足審判者的需要,或者是BSCTs
The Behavioural Science Consultation Team who are often the forensic psychologists will do.
行為科學咨詢小組的需要這些都是法醫心理專家的工作
So there's a lot of, so it's your jurisdiction, you know a lot of lack of moral accountability and professional accountability.
所以..有很多,所以這是你專業領域有很多道德責任缺失沒有專業問責的事情發生
The hook is come, get the hook out. Ok, thank you both very much.
問題來了,解決問題 好的,非常感謝你