It's not clear-cut by any means and in the case, the cases where
并不是一目了然,非黑即白的在這些我所感興趣的
I'm interested in again, um happy to talk more afterwards,
案例中,我再說一次我也很樂意之后再繼續討論
was not torture but it's cohered, but it's interrogative,
這不是酷刑,是種緊密聯系帶有審訊性質的
but it's exploitative interrogation or cohesive interrogation
是種利用式的審訊或者聯系性的審訊
there's still a lot of sense that you, that interrogator feels that he's betraying himself
問題是審訊員仍有強烈的感覺有自我背叛之感
because you can't, or she can't in and out of roles so quickly er,
因為沒有人可以在這么短的時間內轉換自己的角色
there are roles where one person occupies multiple roles, and this person, whether or not
有些人可以同時扮演多個角色但是這個年輕人,不管出于什么原因
it was because he was unseasoned, and hadn't yet become cynical enough,
無論是他沒有經驗不成熟還沒有變得憤世嫉俗
or whatever, um, but he also felt that he when he first started his job that
或者別的原因,他還覺得在他剛開始工作時
he was told "you give up, you leave...," a wonderful quote I have, "You leave your conscience behind and you follow the rules
別人對他說 "你放棄,你.."我把這句話記下來 "你就忘掉自己的良心"只要遵守規則
as if Nuremberg never took place. ""No that's not what I'm going to do" he says,
就當紐倫堡從未發生過"他說 "我不會這么做"
so I take it he was a morally conscientious interrogator and
所以我認為他是個品德正直的審訊者
who would be willing to go so far but the press of what he thought was right even
他愿意付出這么大的代價在如此復雜的利用關系中
in these very complicated exploitative relationships kept him I think from torture or more, or harsher techniques.
追求他認為是正確的東西這種信念讓他不對他人使用酷刑或者其他更為嚴酷的審訊技巧
I found it very, very fascinating and um, and renewing in a certain way of my faith
我覺得非常非常吸引人的是在某種程度上,這讓我重新恢復信心
that there could be a kind of interrogation that maybe I, I would never be part of it
讓我相信會有一種審訊也許我永遠不會參與到其中
but others you know it's a profession that should think very seriously about and understand.
但是其他人可以,這是個需要非常認真考慮和了解的職業
Oh, I'm. Yes Sir. What's the consensus as a psychologist etc generally practise of indefinite detention as a policy?
哦,我 好的,先生心理學家或者其他專家一般認為無限期拘留政策是多長時間?