And so here's a case at least those are 3 cases that I have some insight um, er familiarity with that
這既是3個案例我很感觸,很熟悉
I don't think um there's a stereotype of what the Muslim is doing that looks like the stoic position. Yes. Oh I'm sorry.
我不認為穆斯林所做的是種刻板定式和禁欲主義一樣,不好意思
No, go right ahead. I can see your face.
沒事,請繼續。我能看到你
Thank you, I want to follow up on that um and say looking at this
謝謝,我要繼續上一個問題如果從軍方的角度
from the point of view of the military or whoever is organising the interrogation,
或者是審訊的組織方考察這個問題
um doesn't that suggest that the alliance building model from the point of view of the people
這是不是表明了建立起來的同盟關系模型從某些人的角度來看
of the people who want to extract information can be a very, um easily, it can very easily fail.
在希望獲得情報的人看來非常非常,容易失敗
Because if the, the alliance that's built up tips the balance for sympathy for the,
因為同盟關系一旦建立如果出于同情,同情受到迫害的受害者
for the tortured victim, then no more information is going to be...
那么就會打破平衡就獲得不了情報了
Well yeah, but in fact this young interrogator says some of the toughened and
嗯,是的事實上,那位年輕的審訊員說有些意志堅韌,精神堅定的
hardened interrogators said "oh you're a victim of the Stockholm, "
審訊人員對他說"你是得了斯特格爾摩癥候群"
Syndrome is what it's called, the Patty Hearst Syndrome
這是個綜合征,也叫做帕蒂?赫斯特綜合癥
where he starts feeling for her and she starts feeling,
小伙子開始對女囚有感情,女囚也開始感覺
"oh I can protect him, I can protect him against that interrogator or interpreter
"哦,我可以保護他,我可以保護他遠離那個審訊員
who doesn't really speak Arabic well, " and you know there might have been this.
那個阿拉伯語講的并不好的女譯員"情況可能是這樣