Er, a Tertian student walked into my office he's about 22, maybe he was a freshman
呃,有個學生走進我的辦公室他22歲了,可能還是個大一學生
so he was more advanced um and had spent 5 years as an interrogator including at Belgrave,
但是他經驗豐富已經當了五年的審訊員了曾在貝爾格雷夫基地工作
he was at the cleaned up Belgrave, and he, again this is from the chapter I didn't read,
當時貝爾格雷夫已經整頓過了這在我之前的沒讀的章節里
he gave 3 cases of, I said "do you feel like you crossed the line ever? "
他給了我三個案例我問他 "你覺得自己做了很過分的事嗎?"
And this was um, er an interrogator who'd been trained in the manual
這是個審訊者,他接受的訓練的根據是個手冊指南
which uses harsh fear up and pride down but had said never used but had been chasten
它可是以加劇恐懼,打擊自尊為原則的但他卻說,從來沒做過,但是卻在貝爾格雷德
after Belgrade so he was well aware of, of um, what he wasn't supposed to do at this point and he cited these three examples.
后感到自責,他非常清楚自己不應該有這樣的感受他舉了下面三個例子
One, he had a Shia and Sunni um woman that, women that, that he was interrogating separately
他有兩名女囚犯,一個是什葉派一個是遜尼派他對她們分開審訊
and one of them had asked for, desperately for some freedom from the isolation
其中一名女囚迫切地要求要從長期的單獨監禁中喘口氣
long periods of solitary confinement and he arranged for recreation for her
想自由活動一下所以他為這名女囚安排了休閑活動
but he paired her this was a Shia, he paired her with a Sunni,
這是名什葉派女囚所以他安排遜尼派和她一起
knowing they would never speak and that it would be just as good as solitary confinement, he felt awful.
因為他知道他們永遠不會講話這就和單獨監禁一樣了他感覺很糟糕
Now I say if he felt awful he's not a he doesn't have necessarily the er awful feeling of,
我想說的是他感覺糟糕他不是一定要有這種感覺
there's a book out there called "Harsh fear up", something, Harsh fear up or something like that, tortured Tony is what I've got as the,
有本書叫《恐懼來襲》像這種的極端的恐懼心理折磨托尼,就是我
I is what I can't think of his name Tony Lingorini
我覺得他的名字是,托尼?朗格芮妮
I think his name is, but he feels terrible remorse
我覺得他的名字是他感覺很懊悔
he felt like he violated something, that he exploited a trust.
她覺得自己違反了什么他利用了別人對他的信任