But how it worked is someone randomly in the company got drawn and they got to be the king,
我們會在公司里抽簽抽中的人就是王
and the king got to tell everyone else what to do on the product.
他會告訴我們他對產品的想法
So everything that was bothering them about Wufoo.
他認為Wufoo存在的問題
About the customer support stuff, or some feature they really want to have built.
客戶的問題或者是其他方面需要改進的地方
They've got the engineering resources, the market resources, the advertising resources of everyone inside of the company, to make it sort of happen.
他可以使用工程師,市場部廣告部等所有公司的人讓他的想法付諸實現
And of course, we'd work with them to figure out like what can be actually done in 48 hours.
當然,在接下來的48個小時內我們會一起考慮如何將他的想法付諸實現
But we would do this one to two times a year.
我們一年舉行一到兩次
And it was like a huge hit and it was a boost to morale, cuz what people most love.
它可以增加凝聚力它可以提高員工士氣
It is like working on things where it's like, oh, I made a difference to the app.
這樣做會讓他覺得是我用應用程序變得不一樣了
Right? And so, for us, that's one way that we would like sort of divide time for like product direction.
對吧,對于我們來說這是一種平衡的方式
It's like some times the people that work for you, they have a strong opinion about where it, where it should go.
有的時候,員工會有自己的想法他們對于產品定位都有不同的建議
And it's a good way to sort of democratize it a little bit, by rotating it around.
有的時候民主一點也是很不錯的讓員工都參與到決策中來
Yes. You said you guys all work from home.
那位同學,您提到過,公司的員工都是在家里辦公的
Usually seems like a nightmare.
這聽起來像個噩夢
In that office, how do you make that work?
你們是怎樣做到的呢?
Okay, so we all work from home. So, I will tell you this.
是的,我們在家里辦公,我跟大家具體說一下
We all still work within the Tampa Bay area.
我們都在坦帕灣工作
We would allow anybody to work from any where but usually.
我們允許員工不在公司上班
As we tried to recruit them,they sort of meet our team, and they just decide, okay we just want to come and move here anyway.
在我們招聘的時候,會讓他們到公司來,和團隊會面之后他們一般都會決定搬到這里來
Remote working, is especially tricky, a lot of people like to romanticize it, especially people, who are like employees.
遠程辦公,其實不是件簡單的事很多人都覺得這很浪漫尤其是員工
But the thing is, An office gives you a lot of, sort of, benefits, right, and efficiencies
但是現實是,在辦公室里辦公有很多好處,比如說效率很高
that you now have to compensate for when you remote working.
這是在家里工作所沒有的
But remote working also has these other sort of efficiencies in place, for example, I don't have to worry about my employees
但是遠程辦公也有好處,會節省時間比如說,我無需擔心
losing two hours of their day to commuting, for instance.
他們會把時間耽擱在上下班堵車的路上