Oh, so how do you make a decision on product?
哦,產品的定位問題
And communicate that with your sort of engineering team when there's like lots of different directions to go?
當有不同意見的時候如何做出決定?
My feeling is that. So for us we just looked at support.
在我看來,我覺得我會去關注客服的反饋
It was really easy cuz you often just saw what are things that people are having the most amount of problems with?
這很簡單,因為關注客服的反饋你就會發現用戶最迫切的需求是什么
Or people asking all the time.
用戶一直問的問題是什么
You cannot help but get feature requests from people no matter like whatever opening or orifice
你需要在你的產品或應用上能讓客戶找到反饋的方式
you have in your product or app.
那么他們就會把需求告訴你
Like, people will like jam feature requests in there.
會有很多留言
So you're easily going to know sort of what they sort of what.
你會知道他們的需求是什么
Your job as a product person and engineer is to not just do what they say,
作為產品推廣人或者是工程師你的工作不是用戶讓你做什么你就做什么
because that way, you'll just be a slave, is to figure out,
那樣就淪為產品的奴隸了
sort of deeply, what are the reasons why underlying those things
你要能挖掘出客戶真正的需求是什么
and sort of solve that deep underlying reason.
以及為什么會有這樣的需求
The thing is that everyone wants to have a different way of.
每個人的作法都是不一樣的
To sort of go, then ultimately it comes down to, like, someone's gonna figure something out.
但是,最終還是得有一個人做出決定
But I also make the smallest version of each little idea.
同時,要做的簡單點
No longer than a week or two weeks to build it out there.
花費的時間不要超過2個星期
And you can try them out and see sort of what works and don't work.
你可以試一下,哪些有用,哪些沒用
I think it's dangerous to have multiple different product directions that requires lots of time to sort of figure out.
我覺得,產品的發展方向太多是很危險的這需要大量的時間去驗證每個方向的正確性
Sam. Related to that can you tell the story of how the king for a day thing Wufoo
Sam你能不能講一下"國王一天"的故事?
Yeah. Okay. So so I don't like hackathons.
好的,事實上,我不喜歡黑客馬拉松
I think they sort of suck in terms of ones done inside of companies.
我覺得整天呆在公司挺沒勁的
Because. You spend like 48 hours working on something really hard
因為你花了48個小時
that you're sort of passionate about and 99% of them never make it to production right, and it's sort, sort of real like super sad.
用在你所熱愛的產品上但是最終99%都沒有成功這樣是非常令人傷心的
So for us we like flipped it on it's head and we came up with an idea that we called king for a day and it actually worked over the weekend.
所以我們想到了一個點子我們稱之為"國王一天"在周末