Okay. So the question sort of is how do we balance this sort of thing where we wanna be obsessed with working on product.
好的。所以你的問題是如何平衡專注于產品和其他問題之間的關系
Yet. But all the other skills, and sort of tasks that are needed by a company,
如何去平衡運營一個公司所需要的其他的因素
like marketing and branding and all that stuff, and how, how we sort of balance that.
比如說市場,品牌,等等如何去平衡這些因素
And the thing is, like, it starts off as you juggling, like, tons of things constantly in the air.
如果這些因素不能平衡的話你會覺得雜亂無章,事情會變得更多
The thing is, if you're working on products, like, you should also always have this flip side as when you're talking to users.
在你專注于產品研發的同時也要關注于和客戶的溝通
Right? And for us inside of Wufoo, the way we got people to talk to users is they just did customer support.
對于Wufoo來講我們處理和用戶溝通的作法就是讓每個人都去做客戶支持
And they got to see firsthand, right away.
這會讓研發的人掌握第一手信息
Whether that feature sucked or not, and also impacted everyone else in the company, because everyone had a customer support shift.
了應用的解特性是好是壞它影響了公司所有的人因為每個人都要輪班做客戶支持
So you have this sort of social incentive to sort of make everything work.
所以,這樣就有社會誘因讓事情變得井然有序
And so, like I said, there should be no point where you're only focused on product.
正如我所說的只關注于產品研發是不行的
You should always have time where you work on product, and then you see sort of what users say, say to you.
還要拿出時間來關注用戶的反應
And you should always have this virtual, like, feedback loop on there.
還需要有反饋機制
So be careful when you don't have that.
如果你沒有這樣做的話就要小心了
Usually what ends up happening, if you're lucky.
通常,如果你夠幸運的話
In terms of marketing and sales, like, usually my feeling is like,
在市場和銷售這個問題上,我覺得
you have to spend money on marketing and advertising, all this stuff.
大家會覺得要在市場和廣告宣傳上有大筆開支
It's usually a tax you pay because you haven't made your product remarkable. Right?
這是發展所必須經歷的代價因為此時你的產品還沒有什么知名度
Word of mouth growth is the easiest kind of growth, and it's how a lot of the great companies sort of grow.
薪口相傳無疑是最簡單的營銷方式了很多公司都用這種方法
So figure out how to wait, how to like, have a story that people want to tell.
所以你要學會如何宣傳你的產品
About your product. Where they're the most interesting person at the dinner table, right?
就好比是。在酒桌上的談資一樣
And then that person is your sales person, right?
那個時候,談論的人就變成你的"銷售員"了,對吧
That person is your sales force for you. Right here.
他們為你們免費進行了宣傳。你的問題是?
like, where do you find crystal clear customer or user need and the demand is there is the right solution.
有的時候,你找到了用戶群體問題是正確的決策
How do you communicate with engineering and designing team to make sure that
也就是說,你如何和你的工程師、設計團隊溝通
because sometimes people in the team come up with ideas,
因為有的時候意見會有分歧
and but still at the end of the day, how can you make a decision with where to go?
但是最終你如何決定發展方向呢?