Each person had their name on it, and you got to see every time somebody updated their to-do list.
上面有每個人的名字每個人可以在上面查到自己的工作計劃
What we said is every single night just set everything that you did that day.
每天記錄一下看看是否和計劃一致
Right? And then on Friday, we would just go over.
星期五的時候我們再查看一下
Okay, this is what you said last week that you're gonna do.
是否和計劃里的一致
This is what you actually got done, or the sort of the problems at hand.
這就是我們處理事情的方式
And it's super simple, right?
非常簡單是吧?
It creates this like nice written trail for how to sort of handle stuff, right?
它以書面的方式記錄你要處理的事情
And I don't have to worry about managing them, right?
這樣我就無需擔心去管理員工了
They sorta set the tone for how they want to be sort of assessed.
員工也按照自己希望的方式去工作了
And it makes it really simple.
這樣就會變得好管理了
And for people who are excellent at what they do.
對于那些比較擅長于這種工作方式的員工來說
Right? It works very, very well.
效果非常好
And then when you actually have problems, it's very easy to fire people.
一旦出現問題的話很容易分清責任,辭退員工
I was fortunate that I never had to fire anyone at Wufoo, right?
不過,我在Wufoo還沒有辭退過員工
But we were able to correct a lot of people's behavior very, very quickly.
但是,這種方法可以幫助我們快速的糾正員工的問題
Cuz we just kinda look at this, and it's like look, this is your pattern of behavior.
因為我們可以通過這個表格看出你的工作模式
You finish a fraction of the items on your list.
比如說,你前幾天只完成了工作的一小部分
You do most of the items at the last second right before Friday.
大部分的工作都是在周五之前完成的
That's a problem, you've gotta manage your time better and this is evidence that you've provided to us.
這樣就有問題了,你必須要學會合理安排時間這個表格就成了你工作拖拉的證據
All we have to do is sort of describe it back to you and because everyone in the company sort of sees it,
我們只是根據你的表格數據分析了出來公司里其他人也都看在眼里
right, there's social pressure that's put into place that helps make it all sort of happen.
社交壓力也會逼得你去改正的
Right here. How did you hire people that, you know, you felt would be able to work with in this kind of environment
你的問題是?你們是怎樣選擇雇員的呢?
that's, that's So, how do you hire people that can work, remotely?
大概是這樣嗯,我們怎樣選擇可以遠程工作的員工?
And then sort of work in this sort of fashion.
根據我們的公司規定
So, pretty easily, you have them work on a side project for you.
其實這很簡單,讓他們幫你做一個副項目
So you contract them out, and they have to work remotely.
你們可以簽訂合同,他們通過遠程工作
As such, usually, the projects I like to have them work on is about a month long, right?
通常,我會給他們一個月左右的項目
I could do things much faster for a week.
但我自己可能一周就能做完
But usually get a good sense of, like, how well people sort of manage themselves, and work on things from a project like that.
通常呢,通過這種方法我們就能感受到他們是如何管理自己的如何遠程完成一個項目