So, that first year we wrote handwritten Christmas cards to all of our users that first year.
因此,第一年圣誕節的時候我們給所有的用戶手寫了感謝信
Second year rolls around, and we have too many customers, like, and it's still just the three founders.
第二年,我們的客戶數量有了大幅度的增長當時Wufoo里還是只有我們三個人
And we were going like we're kinda screwed, I don't know what we're gonna do.
我們覺得有點招架不住了不知道該怎么辦了
And we read a book called the ultimate question, and in it he talks about hey, just focus on your most profitable users
這時,我們讀了一本名為《最終的問題》的書在書中,作者提到,只需要關注那些帶來高額利潤的客戶即可
And just tend them and take care of them, then it'll work out.
去關心他們,關注他們的需求,這樣問題就解決了
So we're like, all right, that, that makes sense, that's scalable.
我們看了之后,覺得這個方法不錯
So that year we only write to our highest paying customers.
所以那一年,我們只給付費最高的用戶寫了感謝信
And the January rolls around that second year and one of our long time loyal users writes us and he's basically like, hey guys
第二年的一月份一位非常支持Wufoo的忠實客戶給我們寫信信中寫道:你們好
I, I really loved that Christmas card you sent me the first year
我非常喜歡你們去年寄給我的圣誕卡片
and I just wanted you to know I haven't received my second card yet and I'm just looking forward to it.
我就是想告訴你們,今年我還沒有收到我非常期待收到你們寄來的卡片
I know you didn't forget about me. Thanks a lot.
我知道你們沒有忘記我,非常感謝
So we're like, fuck, because the best way to sort of exceed expectations is not to send any to begin with,
我們當時覺得,這可咋辦!因為一開始我們就給予了用戶高期待值早知道就不應該在一開始給所有人都寫
so we were like sort of in this conundrum.
我們把自己拖進了困境中
And what we decided, after thinking about it for a while, is that we need to stop doing it, you know, just one time a year.
后來,我們經過深思熟慮后,決定我們不能再這樣做了,一年寫一次信這種做法行不通
It needs to be something that's part of the culture.
應當把這個形式變成一種文化
Happens every, every, every sort of week, even.
每個周都應該寫一些
And even though we'll never catch up to all of our customers.
雖然這種方式也可能覆蓋不了全部的用戶
Just the practice of doing it will make all the difference.
但是總會帶來一些改變
I talked a lot about a bunch of like lovey-dovey stuff and sort of like touchy-feely things
我喜歡講一些情感故事
that I think a lot of engineers don't like to think about too often.
很多技術人員可能不會經常這樣想
And so I'll end on some sort of hard business data or research.
所以我還是以商業數據或研究做結尾吧