So for example, right now, if I focus too much on the balls,
打個比方,現在,如果我太集中于這些球,
then there's no way I can relax and talk to you at the same time.
那么我就無法能夠放松并同時與你們說話。
Equally, if I relax too much talking to you, there's no way I can focus on the balls.
同樣地,如果我太過于放松地跟你們說話,那我將無法專注在球上。
I'm going to drop them. Now in life, and in meditation,
我將會把球掉到地上。而在生活里,在冥想中,
there'll be times when the focus becomes a little bit too intense, and life starts to feel a bit like this.
有些時候專注變得有點過于緊張,而生活開始變得有點像這樣。
It's a very uncomfortable way to live life, when you get this tight and stressed.
當你變得這樣緊張,你將活的非常難受。
At other times, we might take our foot off the gas a little bit too much,
在其他時候,我們或許會把腳放得離油門有點過遠(過于放松),
and things just become a sort of little bit like this.
而這將變得像這樣。
Of course in meditation — we're going to end up falling asleep.
而在冥想中--我們最后就會睡著。
So we're looking for a balance, a focused relaxation where we can allow thoughts to come and go without all the usual involvement.
因此我們要尋找一個平衡點,一種專注的放松在這種狀態下我們能讓思緒自由來去遠離塵世的煩擾。
Now, what usually happens when we're learning to be mindful is that we get distracted by a thought.
現在,當我們學會專注通常會發生就是是我們被一個想法打擾。
Let's say this is an anxious thought. Everything's going fine, and we see the anxious thought.
比如說這是一個焦慮的思緒。比如所以事情都一切順利,然后我們發現了焦急的思緒,
"Oh, I didn't realize I was worried about that." You go back to it, repeat it.
它就像:"哦,我居然沒意識到我的煩惱"。你關注它,并且重復它。
"Oh, I am worried. I really am worried. Wow, there's so much anxiety."
“哦,我很擔心。哦,我真的很擔心。哇,有這么多的焦慮。”
And before we know it, right, we're anxious about feeling anxious.
和之前我們意識到它相比,對吧,我們為焦慮的感覺而焦慮。