Now we're not here for that long anyway,
雖然不管怎樣我們不會在此地待多長時間,
but to spend almost half of our life lost in thought and potentially quite unhappy, I don't know,
但耗費大半人生迷失在思考中并因此可能變得非常不幸福,我不知道,
it just kind of seems tragic, actually, especially when there's something we can do about it,
這真的聽起來太可悲了尤其是當我們能有所為,改變這個現狀的時候,
when there's a positive, practical, achievable, scientifically proven technique which allows our mind to be more healthy,
當有一種積極的、實際的、能做到、而且經過科學驗證的技巧存在它可以讓我們的大腦變得更加健康,
to be more mindful and less distracted.
更加專注并且更少分神。
And the beauty of it is that even though it need only take about 10 minutes a day, it impacts our entire life.
它的妙處在于這只需要每天10分鐘,它可以對我們的整個人生造成巨大的影響。
But we need to know how to do it. We need an exercise.
但我們需要知道怎么做到。我們需要一些練習。
We need a framework to learn how to be more mindful.
我們需要一個架構來學習如何變得專注。
That's essentially what meditation is. It's familiarizing ourselves with the present moment.
這就是冥想的本質。它使我們熟悉"現在"。
But we also need to know how to approach it in the right way to get the best from it.
但我們也需要知道如何做到用正確的方法來從中獲得最多益處。
And that's what these are for, in case you've been wondering,
而這就是冥想的作用,以防你們可能有點迷惑,
because most people assume that meditation is all about stopping thoughts, getting rid of emotions,
因為大多數人覺得冥想是關于停止思考,擺脫感情,
somehow controlling the mind, but actually it's quite different from that.
以某種方式控制大腦(心靈),但實際上冥想不是這樣的。
It's more about stepping back, sort of seeing the thought clearly,
它更多的是后退一步,看清自己的思緒,
witnessing it coming and going, emotions coming and going without judgment, but with a relaxed, focused mind.
看見思緒來來去去,看見感情來來去去不加辨別,但以一種放松而專注的狀態。