So why was I stalling? I realized that what I was being pitched was a binary solution.
我到底在遲疑什么?我發覺這是因為我把它當作一個二分法的問題。
It was either you're a meat eater or you're a vegetarian,
你需要決定你到底是吃肉還是吃素
and I guess I just wasn't quite ready. Imagine your last hamburger.
我想我實在沒做好心理準備,想象最后的一個漢堡。
So my common sense, my good intentions, were in conflict with my taste buds.
于是乎我的常識,我的用意良善和我的味蕾產生了矛盾。
And I'd commit to doing it later, and not surprisingly, later never came. Sound familiar?
我總是想著之后再做,之后卻永遠不會來,聽起來很熟悉嗎?
So I wondered, might there be a third solution?
于是我想著,或許應該有第三種選擇?
And I thought about it, and I came up with one.
經過思考以后,我想出了一個。
I've been doing it for the last year, and it's great. It's called weekday veg.
去年我便這么實行,感覺很好,叫做周間素食。
The name says it all: Nothing with a face Monday through Friday.
事如其名,禮拜一到五不吃任何有臉的東西。
On the weekend, your choice. Simple.
周末,自由選擇,如此簡單。
If you want to take it to the next level, remember,
如果你想更進一步,記得,
the major culprits in terms of environmental damage and health are red and processed meats.
紅肉和經處理的肉類是今日破壞環境和健康的罪魁禍首
So you want to swap those out with some good, sustainably harvested fish.
如果你想要和它們說不,你也可以改為食用一些以不破壞環境平衡養殖的魚類。
It's structured, so it ends up being simple to remember, and it's okay to break it here and there.
有了這樣的規律,就比較容易記得,偶爾犯戒也沒關系。
After all, cutting five days a week is cutting 70 percent of your meat intake.
畢竟五天不吃肉,減少七成的肉。