A few years ago, I felt like I was stuck in a rut,
幾年前,我感覺對老一套感到枯燥乏味,
so I decided to follow in the footsteps of the great American philosopher, Morgan Spurlock,
所以我決定追隨偉大的美國哲學家摩根·斯普爾洛克的腳步,
and try something new for 30 days. The idea is actually pretty simple.
嘗試做新事情30天。這個想法的確是非常簡單。
Think about something you've always wanted to add to your life and try it for the next 30 days.
考慮下,你常想在你生命中做的一些事情接下來30天嘗試做這些。
It turns out 30 days is just about the right amount of time to add a new habit or subtract a habit
這就是,30天剛好是這么一段合適的時間去養成一個新的習慣或者改掉一個習慣
like watching the news — from your life.
例如看新聞--在你生活中。
There's a few things I learned while doing these 30-day challenges.
當我在30天做這些挑戰性事情時,我學到以下一些事。
The first was, instead of the months flying by, forgotten, the time was much more memorable.
第一件事是,取代了飛逝而過易被遺忘的歲月的是這段時間非常的更加令人難忘。
This was part of a challenge I did to take a picture every day for a month.
挑戰的一部分是要一個月內每天我要去拍攝一張照片。
And I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing that day.
我清楚地記得那一天我所處的位置我都在干什么。
I also noticed that as I started to do more and harder 30-day challenges, my self-confidence grew.
我也注意到隨著我開始做更多的,更難的30天里具有挑戰性的事時,我自信心也增強了。
I went from desk-dwelling computer nerd to the kind of guy who bikes to work. For fun!
我從一個臺式計算機宅男極客變成了一個愛騎自行車去工作的人--為了玩樂。
Even last year, I ended up hiking up Mt. Kilimanjaro, the highest mountain in Africa.
甚至去年,我完成了在非洲最高山峰乞力馬扎羅山的遠足。
I would never have been that adventurous before I started my 30-day challenges.
在我開始這30天做挑戰性的事之前我從來沒有這樣愛冒險過。