Now, 21 billion hours, it's a lot of time.
現在看起來,兩百一十億個小時是很多時間。
It's so much time, in fact, that the number one unsolicited comment that I have heard from people all over the world
真的是很多時間。事實上,我看到的最多的來自世界各地的評論
since I gave that talk, is this: Jane, games are great and all,
自從我做完那個演講是:Jane, 游戲是好東西,
but on your deathbed, are you really going to wish you spent more time playing Angry Birds?
但是在你臨終前,你真的希望你這一生應該花更多的時間打憤怒的小鳥么?
This idea is so pervasive — that games are a waste of time that we will come to regret
打游戲就是浪費生命是普遍存在的想法。我們最終都會后悔,
that I hear it literally everywhere I go.
這是我確實到處都能聽到的。
For example, true story: Just a few weeks ago, this cab driver,
例如,有一個真故事:就在幾個星期前,這個出租車駕駛員,
upon finding out that a friend and I were in town for a game developers' conference,
得知我和我的一個朋友是來參加一個游戲設計的會議,
turned around and said — and I quote — "I hate games. Waste of life.
他轉過頭對我們說 “我討厭打游戲,那是浪費生命。
Imagine getting to the end of your life and regretting all that time."
想一想到生命盡頭的時候會后悔浪費掉的時間。”
Now, I want to take this problem seriously.
現在,我想要認真的對待這個問題。
I want games to be a force for good in the world.
我的意思是,我想讓游戲成為這個世界上好的影響力。
I don't want gamers to regret the time they spent playing, time that I encouraged them to spend.
我不希望游戲玩家后悔他們花在玩游戲上的時間,那都是我鼓勵他們花的時間。
So I have been thinking about this question a lot lately.
因此我最近一直在想這個問題。
When we're on our deathbeds, will we regret the time we spent playing games?
當我們在臨終前上,我們會后悔我們花在打游戲上的時間嗎?
Now, this may surprise you, but it turns out there is actually some scientific research on this question. It's true.
現在這個可能會使你吃驚,但是在這個問題上確實有過一些科學的研究。
Hospice workers, the people who take care of us at the end of our lives,
善終醫院的工作人員,照顧我們走完生命最后一程的人,
recently issued a report on the most frequently expressed regrets that people say when they are literally on their deathbeds.
最近發表了一個報告是關于最常聽到臨終的遺憾。的確是人們在臨終床上說的。
And that's what I want to share with you today — the top five regrets of the dying.
今天我想跟你們分享的是排前五位的臨終遺憾。