Number one: I wish I hadn't worked so hard.
第一位:我希望我工作沒有那么賣力。
Number two: I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
第二位:我希望我和我的朋友們一直保持聯系。
Number three: I wish I had let myself be happier.
第三位:我希望我能讓自己過得跟快樂些。
Number four: I wish I'd had the courage to express my true self.
第四位:我希望我曾鼓勵過我做真正的自己。
And number five: I wish I'd lived a life true to my dreams, instead of what others expected of me.
第五位: 我希望我曾為我的夢想而活,而不是按照別人的要求茍活。
Now, as far as I know, no one ever told one of the hospice workers,
現在,據我所知,沒有一個人告訴善終醫院的工作人員,
"I wish I'd spent more time playing video games,"
我希望我曾花多一點的時間打電子游戲,
but when I hear these top five regrets of the dying,
但當我聽到這五個說得最多的臨終遺憾時候,
I can't help but hear five deep human cravings that games actually help us fulfill.
我真的幫不上什么忙,而只能聽聽人類內心深處的渴望,游戲其實能幫助我們活得充實。
For example, I wish I hadn't worked so hard.
例如這句,我希望我工作沒有那么賣力。
For many people, this means, I wish I'd spent more time with my family, with my kids when they were growing up.
對許多人來說,這意味著,我希望我曾經花跟多的時間和我的家人在一起,陪伴我的孩子長大。
Well, we know that playing games together has tremendous family benefits.
很好,我們知道一起打游戲有極好的家庭益處。
A recent study from Brigham Young University School of Family Life reported that
伯明翰楊大學最近的研一個關于學校的家庭生活研究報告指出
parents who spend more time playing video games with their kids have much stronger real-life relationships with them.
多花時間和孩子們打游戲的家長們,和孩子們在現實生活中的關系更緊密。
"I wish I'd stayed in touch with my friends."
我希望我和我的朋友們一直保持聯系。
Hundreds of millions of people use social games like FarmVille or Words With Friends
是呢,成千上萬的人們借助社交的游戲像Farmville或者Words,
to stay in daily contact with real-life friends and family.
在現實生活中和朋友們去保持每天的聯系。
A recent study from the University of Michigan showed that these games are incredibly powerful relationship-management tools.
一個最近的Michigan大學的研究表明,這些游戲是難以置信的有力的人際交往工具。
They help us stay connected with people in our social network that we would otherwise grow distant from,
它們幫助我們保持和人際圈里的人一直聯系。我們就漸漸疏遠了,
if we weren't playing games together.
如果我們不一起打游戲的話。