"I wish I'd let myself be happier."
“我希望我能讓自己過得跟快樂些。”
Well, here I can't help but think of the groundbreaking clinical trials recently conducted at East Carolina University
的確,我在這里還是幫不上忙,但是想想近來被東卡羅來納州立大學進行的一些有突破的臨床試驗表明
that showed that online games can outperform pharmaceuticals for treating clinical anxiety and depression.
網絡游戲可以更有效地超過藥物對焦慮和憂郁癥的臨床治療。
Just 30 minutes of online game play a day was enough to create dramatic boosts in mood and long-term increases in happiness.
只需要每天花30分鐘打網絡游戲,就足夠能戲劇性的鼓勵激情、長期增加快樂。
"I wish I'd had the courage to express my true self."
我希望我曾鼓勵過我做真正的自己。
Well, avatars are a way to express our true selves, our most heroic, idealized version of who we might become.
對的,虛擬人物是一個能真正表現我們自己的方式,我們可以變成我們最英雄、最理想化的版本。
You can see that in this alter ego portrait by Robbie Cooper of a gamer with his avatar.
你們可以從這個游戲玩家Robbie Copper的自我意識的畫像和神的化身中看出。
And Stanford University has been doing research for five years now to document
并且斯坦福大學以后做了五年的教學研究,
how playing a game with an idealized avatar changes how we think and act in real life,
去記錄和一個理想化的化身打游戲怎么能使得我們的想法和行為在現實生活中改變。
making us more courageous, more ambitious, more committed to our goals.
可以讓我們變得更大膽,更有抱負,更能堅持我們的目標。
"I wish I'd led a life true to my dreams, and not what others expected of me."
我希望我曾為我的夢想而活,而不是按照別人的要求茍活。
Are games doing this yet? I'm not sure, so I've left a Super Mario question mark.
玩游戲已經幫上忙了嗎?我不確定,所以我先留一個問號,一個很大的馬賽克問號。
We're going to come back to this one.
我們一會再回來解決這個問題。
But in the meantime, perhaps you're wondering, who is this game designer to be talking to us about deathbed regrets?
但以此同時,你可能會想,這個游戲設計家有權威跟我們談論那些臨終遺憾嘛?
And it's true, I've never worked in a hospice, I've never been on my deathbed.
其實真的,我從來沒有在善終醫院工作過,我也從來沒有躺在臨終床上過。
But recently I did spend three months in bed, wanting to die. Really wanting to die.
但是,最近我真的有花了3個月的時間在床上,渴望著死亡。真的渴望著死亡的到來。