That thou hast her, it is not all my grief,
你占有了她,我并不因此過度傷情,
And yet it may be said I loved her dearly;
雖說我對她也還算有一片癡心。
That she hath thee, is of my wailing chief,
她占有了你,這才令我嚎啕欲絕,
A loss in love that touches me more nearly.
這至愛的喪失使我幾乎痛徹心庭。
Loving offenders, thus I will excuse ye:
情場作案者呵我只好這樣來為你們開脫:
Thou dost love her, because thou knowst I love her;
你愛她,不過是因為我是她的情人;
And for my sake even so doth she abuse me,
她騙我,也因為她對我無限傾心,

Suffering my friend for my sake to approve her.
所以才讓我的朋友與她試續云雨情。
If I lose thee, my loss is my love's gain,
我雖失掉你,我情人卻因之有所補,
And losing her, my friend hath found that loss;
我雖失掉她,我朋友卻因之有所進。
Both find each other, and I lose both twain,
你倆互進互補,我卻兩頭落空。
And both for my sake lay on me this cross:
只是為我著想,你們才讓我嘗盡酸辛。
But here's the joy; my friend and I are one;
我且把單相思當苦中樂:你我本同根,
Sweet flattery! then she loves but me alone.
隨她如何愛,愛的也只可能是我本人。